Monday, April 23, 2012

Hokka Hokka Tei....the Japanese version of "fast food."

This has grown to become a favorite takeout (Mochikaide) restaurant chain on Okinawa for us. They recently changed the name to Hotto Motto, but I still call it Hokka Hokka Tei because the theme song sticks in my mind from hearing it on the radio all the time. LOVE the Katsu Don and the Chicken BanBan with tarter sauce!













Ordering is easy, just point to the picture on the menu.













This is my car.












Every month they have a special dish, so we like to order it sometimes to try something new. This one was umeboshi with salmon, root vegetables and shrimp tempura. Delicious. (I don't like umeboshi, so I usually give that to David.)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, cool playground! The playgrounds in Hawaii are not very well-kept. Lexie would love those slides and all of those ladders to climb. So sad that we're not going to be able to visit you in Okinawa. I really would love to go to all of those restaurants. The food looks so yummy. Eric loves ume and he usually eats mine too!!

    ReplyDelete