Saturday, April 21, 2012

February photos 2012

Mika loves eating at Bikkuri Donkey, but she cracks me up because she can't pronounce the name. She calls it "Kapoody Donkey" and "Honky Donkey." She's so funny.








She wanted me to take her picture in front of this green pay telephone. She thought it was cute. (she's carrying her favorite baby)
Here are a few photos from February. I'm a little behind with posting stuff, so I'm trying to catch up.








David and Max happen to wear matching hoodies, so I snapped a photo. Our friends from Michigan sent these for Christmas last year.



I love the way this car is parked on the sidewalk in front of a big sign that says "NO PARKING!" Drivers will park wherever they can find a spot on Okinawa, and the sidewalk is a popular place.















The Sakura are blooming now, they're so pretty.























This Koza sign used to be very famous many years ago, but now they've closed the road, so it's a quiet walking area now.









Ice cream vending machine at Mainplace. This ice cream is yummy!!










David was asked to sit on a promotion selection board on this day, so he's wearing his "Charlie" uniform.















Mika has started taking piano lessons and she LOVES it, her teacher is great! (her family is Chinese and she's from Australia. She's is married to a pilot and they live behind us, so it's very convenient.) Mika likes her very much.











Mika got a toy violin.













Koko and I took Mika to see the Dragons baseball team in Chatan. They're from Tokyo, but have Spring training on Okinawa. (Max was at school, so he missed it.)

Playing in a bouncy!











This is the team mascot: Doala Koala. I have NO IDEA why the Dragons team has a koala for a mascot!

A cute group of school kids were there. I love their matching pink hats.




Doala signed a baseball for Mika.

That's my friend Koko in the picture with Mika.

2 comments:

  1. We miss you guys so much! Mika just gets prettier everytime I see a picture of her. Eric loves those vending machines. He says they sell anything you could think of! I love the cherry blossom trees. Did you know Lexie's Chinese name means cherry blossom? Love you!!

    ReplyDelete