Sunday, August 29, 2010

some random photos from this month....

Yori, Midori and I went out for dinner at an Izakaya. It was a teeny-tiny little place with only four tables! Yori ordered for me, and I told her NOT to tell me what I was eating until after I ate it. It was a big adventure and lots of fun!!
Midori and I first met each other back in 2001 when I taught english at Minatogawa Elementary School the first time we lived on Okinawa. She was my translator/Co-Teacher. She's a great friend!











We were very adventurous after dinner and made a spur of the moment decision to go to a Pachinko Parlor to look around! It was the first time for any of us to go there and it was so funny. Midori was scared and kept saying the Yakuza was going to grab us! Yori and I giggled so much we could barely walk! (Yakuza is the Japanese crime boss that runs the Pachinko Parlors...that's the story)














Max's last day of work at the pharmacy for his summer job. All his bosses were women!










Mika having fun fingerpainting.....we sent the painting to her foster family in Taiwan and they were very happy to receive it.








2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful painting! They are so creative when they're young. I've noticed that my kindergarteners start to lose that because they're afraid to just let go. The food looks so yummy! Eric would love the grilled rice. Do you call them koge musubi in Okinawa. That's what we call them here in Hawaii. That was funny about the yakuza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Catherine & David,
    I emailed you guys last week and have not heard back from you. I need to get your new home address. I am still using your hotmail email address. If it has changed please send it to me at aleblanc@gunnenergy.com. Looking forward to hearing from you! Love, Angela

    ReplyDelete